Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ted Talks: gamer girl about life


She talked about adding 7 minutes to your life but started out with the top 5 regrets of dying. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard, wish I stayed in touch with friends, wish I let myself be happier, wish I had the courage to express my true self, wish I lived a life true to my dreams instead of what others expected of me. All of those regrets are the death bed regrets most commonly heard by hospice workers or others in that field. She also talked about how playing video games meets all these regrets pretty much. For example games help you take life easy and relax, they help you stay connected with people, online games can actually help with some medical problems better than medicine, and avatars are a great way to express ones self in a positive way. She went on to how she developed a game due to help her cope with her own accident that would make her feel better instead of having suicidal thoughts and suffering. She went on to introuduce others to the game with other sickness and it has helped them too. Also she talked about post traumatic growth, its pretty much positive growth after a traumatic experience. All of the traits of post traumatic growth are the complete opposite of the death regret list. And lastly she said that regularly achieving the 3 to 1 ratio you can live 10 yrs. longer. The 3 to 1 ratio is doing three positve things or something of that sort to balance out the bad. Overall it was a great speech and makes a lot of since and maybe useful to my own personal experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment